[Insight-developers] itk+vtk vtkMultiThreader.h Problem

Andrew MacKelfresh mackelfr@rad.unc.edu
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:53:21 -0400 (EDT)

I have been developing an application that integrates itk with vtk and I
came accross an error within vtkMultithreader.h.  The error is as follows:

error C2872: 'ThreadInfoStruct' : ambiguous symbol

It seems that vtkMultithreader is a copy of itkMutlithreader and this
struct is defined with the same name in both places.  ThreadInfoStruct is
a global struct.  I resolved the problem by changing the scope of the
struct within vtk from global to protected within the class - the struct
is only used by protected methods and so this works fine.  I do suppose
though that this same problem might resurface within this class and its
other globals.

Should this struct also be moved from global to protected within itk also?

Andrew MacKelfresh UNC-CH