[Insight-developers] Template parameters

Joshua Cates cates@cayenne.cs.utah.edu
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:19:05 -0700 (MST)

Seems like there was some discussion on this awhile back and people
agreed(?) that for most filters the <TInputImage, TOutputImage> was the
way to go.  From a "black-box" component view of constructing a pipeline,
specifying input type and output type as the template parameters makes
good sense.

Downside is that it requires a lot of fancy typenaming of typedef'd
typedefs to get at the actual parameters you need.  Might be wise to
establish some conventions for how to do this that are acceptable to all
the supported compilers. (ie. enum'ing the image dimension, getting the
pixel type, etc.)

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science