[Insight-developers] itkIndex signed -> unsigned

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:30:47 -0500

I think we had discussed having a class "itkOffset" that could represent the difference between two
itkIndex's.

Anyone else have a suggestion for a name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Ibanez [mailto:ibanez@cs.unc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 10:34 PM
To: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] itkIndex signed -> unsigned

Hi,

Recently itkIndex changed from using signed to unsigned values.
That has the advantage to eliminate a lot of warnings when it is
compared against image size (in most iterator loops),
but has the disadvantage that negative positions can't be specified.
we found that for the Danielsson distance map filter a signed index
was quite useful.

Should we create another class to express vector distances
between indices ?
(the equivalent of what the vector class is for the point class).