[Insight-developers] Preparation for internal alpha

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:16:29 -0500

In preparation for the internal alpha of insight, I propose that we compose a list of capabilities
that will be ready for inclusion in the toolkit by March 31, 2001.  There is a lot of collaboration
work between various contractors, but some people are waiting for some of the higher level frameworks
(registration, level sets, region growing) to be completed prior to converting some of their existing
(insight) implementations to the new frameworks. What I'd like to see is a list of dates for when
people think these various frameworks may be available.  Since this first alpha is an "internal"
alpha, it is really meant to timestamp the repository and bring independent development paths back
together. I think it is reasonable to strive to have the APIs for these frameworks in place for the
internal alpha but not have converted everything over to the new API. Development will continue
furiously through the June public alpha (at which time most of the existing techniques should be
converted to the new frameworks).

I have added an html file to the cvs repository to collect these schedules
(HTMLPrivate/InternalAlphaSchedule.html), please edit it and place in your timelines. You can add a
row to the table for each capability/algorithm you'll be providing.  (I just put in one item to start
with). There is a link from the main Insight page to the schedule at
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/HTMLPrivate/InternalAlphaSchedule.html

I believe that we decided in Utah not to use GNATS for project management, but rather limit GNATS use
to actual bugs. However, maintaining this HTML file for schedules and todo items is going to get
rather cumbersome.  Does anyone know of any "free" web based todo list managers? SourceForge.net
would be nice but I don't think we are ready to publicize our project yet.

Of course, we also need to drive down all the compiler errors and warnings prior to the internal
alpha release!

Jim Miller
_____________________________________
Computer Graphics & Systems Program
GE Corporate Research & Development
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady NY 12301

millerjv@crd.ge.com <mailto:millerjv@crd.ge.com>
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981

 <<James Miller (E-mail).vcf>>

begin 600 James Miller (E-mail).vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DUI;&QE<CM*86UE<PT*1DXZ
M2F%M97,@36EL;&5R("A%+6UA:6PI#0I/4D<Z1T4@0V]R<&]R871E(%(F1#M%
M4TP-"E1%3#M73U)+.U9/24-%.B@U,3@I(#,X-RTT,#`U#0I414P[5T]22SM6
M3TE#13HJ.#,S+30P,#4-"E1%3#M73U)+.T9!6#HH-3$X*2`S.#<M-CDX,0T*
M0412.U=/4DL[14Y#3T1)3D<]455/5$5$+5!224Y404),13H[0V]M<'5T97(@
M1W)A<&AI8W,@)B!3>7-T96US(%!R;V=R86T[0DQ$1R!+5RP@4DT@0S(Q.$(]
M,$0],$%03R!";W@@.#M38VAE;F5C/0T*=&%D>3M.63LQ,C,P,3M5;FET960@
M4W1A=&5S(&]F($%M97)I8V$-"DQ!0D5,.U=/4DL[14Y#3T1)3D<]455/5$5$
M+5!224Y404),13I#;VUP=71E<B!'<F%P:&EC<R`F(%-Y<W1E;7,@4')O9W)A
M;3TP1#TP04),1$<@2U<L(%)-($,R,3A"/3!$/3!!4$\@0F]X(#@],$0]#0H]
M,$%38VAE;F5C=&%D>2P@3ED@,3(S,#$],$0],$%5;FET960@4W1A=&5S(&]F
M($%M97)I8V$-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z;6EL;&5R:G9`8W)D+F=E
G+F-O;0T*4D56.C(P,#`P,3(X5#$V,C8U-EH-"D5.1#I60T%21`T*
`
end