[Insight-developers] itk::Mesh and Cell template parameters

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:27:53 -0500 (EST)

Ting,

> Hi! Brad, although you must have plenty of reasons to make this kind
> of modification, I still doubt is it ok to change the structure name
> this often, especially when the modifications make not too much sense.
I probably should have proposed the change to the list before making
it.  In the early development last summer, this wouldn't have mattered,
but such changes affect many more people now.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, what doesn't make sense to you about the new name?  The old one
was a misnomer from the beginning.  A template parameter whose only
purpose is to encapsulate typedefs and other things that could be template
parameters themselves is generally considered a set of "traits".

-Brad