[Insight-developers] itkMatrix and the binary operator *

Luis Ibanez ibanez@cs.unc.edu
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:36:03 -0500

Hi,

There is an error in itkMatrix, that I'm trying to fix.
It is related with the operator* with another matrix.

itkMatrix derives from vnl_matrix_fixed, which
derives from vnl_matrix.

The operator*   is defined for vnl_matrix, but
it doesn't seems to recognize itkMatrix as a
valid argument.

The strange thing is that it seems to work only
when itkMatrix is declared of type double.

>From the dashboard, it seems that it only happens
in VC++.  I've seen that the definition of the *
operator in vnl_matrix is done differently in vnl
depending on the platform. (using ifdefs)

Any ideas ?