[Insight-developers] what to compile

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:59:57 -0500 (EST)

George,

> I assume we all don't really need to be compiling all the test
> programs. What's an easy way to avoid compiling them that can be
> easily explained to any newcomer?
You should be able to just remove the "Testing" and "Examples"
subdirectories from the "SUBDIRS" command at the top level CMakeLists.txt
file.  If you are doing development, though, you should be compiling the
tests to make sure you didn't break anything with your changes before you
check them in.  Also, until we get this explicit-instantiation stuff in
the libraries in full use, the test cause most of the build to occur, and
almost nothing will build without them.

A better way might be to remove indiviudal tests by commenting them
out.  You can go to the "TESTS" command in the CMakeLists.txt of
Testing/Code/* directories and put a "#" before any test, and it will be
ignored.

-Brad