[Insight-developers] about dataobject update

Ting Chen chenting@graphics.cis.upenn.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:11:29 -0600

Hi! I am working on developing a recursive segmentation method. But I met
this problem. As for itkMRFImageFilter, when I make change to the training
image and want to update the segmentation result. The filter seems just did
not respond to the update of training image. The problem is at:
itkDataObject.cxx:

void
DataObject
::UpdateOutputData()
{
  // If we need to update due to PipelineMTime, or the fact that our
  // data was released, then propagate the UpdateOutputData to the source
  // if there is one.

  if ( m_UpdateTime < m_PipelineMTime || m_DataReleased ||
       this->RequestedRegionIsOutsideOfTheBufferedRegion())
    {
    if ( m_Source )
      {
      m_Source->UpdateOutputData(this);
      }
    }
}

it seems I have to do something to make it know it is time for update, but
where and what should do? Any ideas?
ting