[Insight-developers] Disk full

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:39:01 -0500

Configure picks -O2 -g for gcc, which is REALLY HUGE for cygwin.
Just -g or -O2 should be quite a bit smaller.   Visual C++ uses
those program database files to keep the debug info central, and
gcc duplicates a lot of the debug info into each .o file, and of course
it does not truncate symbols longer than 255, as we know VC++ does.

-Bill (father of Max) Hoffman

http://www.setonhealth.org/html/ChildB2.html (see Maxwell Robert)