[Insight-developers] IMPORTANT: pre-commit checking for cvs

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:52:46 -0500

Folks,
	I've added pre-commit check scripts to the cvs repository. Currently there are two pre-commit
checks.
Both operate on txx, cxx, h, htm and html files.

pre-commit check #1 scans the file for lines with a trailing ctrl-M. These are probably being
inserted by Micorsoft
editors. They are easliy removed with emacs. I'm not sure how to remove them otherwise.

pre-commit check #2 checks the last line in a file for a newline. This is easliy fixed with any
editor. Go to the end of the file and hit enter.

If either pre-commit check fails, the entire cvs commit wiill be stopped.

I hope this will help folks.

I'm not sure about the robustness of these scripts. Please send me e-mail if you try to commit a file
and the checkers incorrectly block the commit.

Bill