[Insight-developers] Inspecting the build results & Marking stable src code sets

Albert Montillo montillo@seas.upenn.edu
Mon, 14 May 2001 14:31:23 -0400

hello,
  For those of you who've built ITK on multiple platforms (SunOS, win2k,
SGI) perhaps you could send me some of your methods for inspecting the
build results. I mean after a build completes you would typically like
to read a report which lists which modules built & which tests passed.
Is there a recommended method for (or script) which yields this info in
a short summary form? Can this be added to the build?

  Likewise if a build does not succeed one possibility is that the code
in CVS is does not compile  (yikes!). It would be nice to have stable
(buildable & all tests pass) points marked in the version control system
so that a stable build can be reliably retrieved. Can this be added to
the version control system - perhaps by the nightly build process?

  thanks,
 Albert