[Insight-developers] itkGradientImageFilter class & misc.

Luis Ibanez ibanez@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 18 May 2001 11:16:45 -0400

There is also a :

  itkGradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter

in Code/BasicFilters

It computes an image of N-D Vectors representing
the gradient of an N-D image, after being blurred
with a gaussian.

It is quite fast because it uses the separability
and for each dimension a recursive filter is applied.

It may need some further testing though...

The option of computing (N+1)-D vectors as output, with
the N-th component being the magnitud seems missleading.
Maybe it could be better to have a two output filter,
one output being the image of N-D vectors, and another
being a scalar image with the gradient magnitude.

Luis

-----

 I ran across the GradientMagnitudeImageFilter class. The name