[Insight-developers] Inspecting the build results & Marking stable src code sets

Blezek, Daniel J (CRD) blezek@crd.ge.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:20:55 -0400

Albert,

  If you run make Experimental, you will get a short summary of the build errors/warnings and count
of tests/running and passing.  It would be good to break out the count in BasicFilters/Common/etc...
in this message.  I'll keep it in mind when I revisit the testing scripts.

-dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Montillo [mailto:montillo@seas.upenn.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 2:31 PM
To: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] Inspecting the build results & Marking
stable src code sets

hello,
  For those of you who've built ITK on multiple platforms (SunOS, win2k,
SGI) perhaps you could send me some of your methods for inspecting the
build results. I mean after a build completes you would typically like
to read a report which lists which modules built & which tests passed.
Is there a recommended method for (or script) which yields this info in
a short summary form? Can this be added to the build?

  Likewise if a build does not succeed one possibility is that the code
in CVS is does not compile  (yikes!). It would be nice to have stable
(buildable & all tests pass) points marked in the version control system
so that a stable build can be reliably retrieved. Can this be added to
the version control system - perhaps by the nightly build process?

  thanks,
 Albert