[Insight-developers] February Meeting....

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:22:36 -0500

Hi,

Please make your hotel reservations now - or ideally before December
12th!  There are several other conferences and sporting events at UNC at
the same time as our meeting....

The February 13, 14, and 15 itk developers meeting is being held at
	Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC
	http://www.carolinainn.com/
	Phone: 919-933-2001 or 1-800-962-8519
	We have a block of 30 rooms reserved for the evenings of Feb 13 and
14th.  Say that you are with the "National Library of Medicine" group,
and you'll get the rate of $159 per night.  BUT, they do NOT have any
rooms for the night of Feb 12th.   If you have to arrive on Feb 12th, I
strongly recommend staying one night at one of the below listed hotels
and then switching to the Carolina Inn - the Carolina Inn is across the
street from campus, and one block from the main Chapel Hill street.
Note, they are only holding this block of rooms until December 12th.

So, I've also reserved a block of rooms at
	Best Western/University Inn
	919-932-3000
	The rooms are $76/night for singles and $82/night for doubles.   Say
that you are with the "National Library of Medicine" group.  These rooms
are being held until Jan 12th. The rooms are minimal, but they will
(probably) have hot and cold water, heating, and airconditioning. :)
It is next to a good italian restaurant.

I also recommend
	Days Inn
	http://www.the.travelodge.com/chapelhill10275
	919-929-3090
	I have not reserved rooms, but as-of last week, they still had rooms
available.

We are going to try to provide a shuttle from both of these hotels to
the Carolina Inn, but this is at about 80% on my confidence rating....

You should fly into the Raleigh-Durham airport (RDU) and take a taxi
from the airport to your hotel.

Let me know if you have any questions or encounter any problems....

Stephen

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695