[Insight-developers] Internal compiler error when compiling itk

Nils Hanßen hanssen@caesar.de
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:50:14 +0200

Hello all,

my name is Nils Hanssen and i am working as a member of the "surgical
simulation and navigation" group at the center of advanced european studies
and research (caesar) in Bonn, Germany. We are focusing on preoperative
planning and intraoperative guidance and big parts of our work deal with
registration and segmentation.
For more than two years, we used vtk for processing and visualizing of most
parts of our medical data pipeline. Since there is almost no (medical) image
processing part in vtk itself, we waited impatiently for the availabilty of
itk.

Unfortunately, i get an internal compiler error during the compilation of
itk. The snippet from the shell looks like this:

[...]
g++ -g -O2 -ftemplate-depth-50  -I/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common -I/home/
hanssen/Insight-Irix -I/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Numerics -I/home/hanssen/I
nsight/Code/Common -I/home/hanssen/Insight-Irix/Code/Numerics/vxl -I/home/ha
nssen/Insight/Code/Numerics/vxl -I/home/hanssen/Insight-Irix/Code/Numerics/v
xl/vcl -I/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Numerics/vxl/vcl -I/home/hanssen/Insight
/Utilities/png -I/home/hanssen/Insight/Utilities/zlib   -c
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx -o itkVector.o
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx: In instantiation of
`Array<double,3>':
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58:   instantiated from
`::itk::::itk::Array<double,3>'
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58:   instantiated from
`::itk::::itk::Vector<double,3>'
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58:   instantiated from here
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58: Internal compiler error.
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58: Please submit a full bug
report to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
/home/hanssen/Insight/Code/Common/itkVector.cxx:58: See
<URL:http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#bugreport> for details.

This error occurs when using both g++ version 2.91.66 and version 3.0.
Can anyone help me with this problem or does anyone have similar problems in
compiling itk ?

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Nils

PS: The platform used is an SGI Octane II running IRIX64 v6.5

Nils Hanßen
Surgical Simulation and Navigation
research center c a e s a r
Friedensplatz 16