[Insight-developers] RE: Insight code walkthrough

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:04:27 -0400

Luis,

Will and I went through your modifications yesterday. The spreadsheet has been updated.

One point: You indicated that the AddImageFilter couldn't be set up to handle an arbitrary number of
inputs because you have to do a

foreach image
	foreach pixel in region
		accumulate pixel

and you felt that this would not stream.  In actually, this would stream very nicely.  The output
requested region would propagate to all the inputs (all inputs would have the same requested region).
So each input would have the same "stream" region to operate on.

Now, due to templating, we might want to have a separate filter for such an operation that would
force all the input images to be the same "type". So there would only be a single input image
template parameter and a single output image template parameter.