[Insight-developers] points in regions

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:27:56 -0500

In general the Neighborhoods and NeighborhoodIterators are the way to
go.  I think Josh adding an ability to skip indices within the neighborhood.
Don't know if this is ready yet.

Using the SmartNeighborhoodIterators you can manage the boundary conditions
properly.  You can look at the itkMeanImageFilter or filters that use
the NeighborhoodOperatorFilter for examples.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian B Avants [mailto:avants@grasp.cis.upenn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:02 AM
To: insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] points in regions

Hello,

I have a question wrt subsets of regions.

What is the right (itk) way to define some irregular (i.e. not expressible
by some simple function) subset of a region?

Currently, I simply define the exact indices I want, e.g. for a 3x3
region, i may want only indices 0, 5 and 8.  Then those indices are kept
in a vector which is used to access the specific points in the region.

This is fine everywhere, except near borders where the indices do not
correspond to the same points in the region.  I always define a buffer
around the image to eliminate this issue.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Brian