[Insight-developers] points in regions

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:06:25 -0500

I am not sure I understand your diagram.  With the zero flux boundary
conditition, the indices "outside" your image are computed from
values "inside" the image.  So when you position your neighborhood
at the first pixel in the image, index 0, 1, 3, and 4 would all
return the value associated with index 4.

Where are you getting the "position" values in your diagram

This diagram is taken from the header file for the zero flux....

 * For example, invoking this function object on a 7x5 iterator that masks
 * a region at an image corner (iterator is centered on the 2):
 *
 *               * * * * * * *
 *               * * * * * * *
 *               * * 1 2 3 4 5  (where * denotes pixels that lie
 *               * * 3 3 5 5 6          outside of the image boundary)
 *               * * 4 4 6 7 8
 *
 * returns the following neighborhood of values:
 *
 *               1 1 1 2 3 4 5
 *               1 1 1 2 3 4 5
 *               1 1 1 2 3 4 5
 *               3 3 3 3 5 5 6   (note the corner values)
 *               4 4 4 4 6 7 8
 *