[Insight-developers] ImageRegion utility functions

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:52:12 -0700

At the UNC meeting I had agree to change
MutualInformationImageToImageMetric
so that one can limit the fixed image region for which the metric is
computed.

To do this I need some ImageRegion utility functions in particular:

  OffsetValueType ComputeOffset(const IndexType &ind) const;
    IndexType ComputeIndex(OffsetValueType offset) const;

They will behave similar to those in ImageBase.
Does anyone have problem with me doing the following?

[1] Add the above function to the ImageRegion class?

[2] The most efficient way of computing offset and index is
to keep a offset table? This requires extra storage space of

OffsetValueType  m_OffsetTable[VImageDimension+1];

Is adding an OffsetTable to ImageRegion acceptable to everyone?

[3] Once this functionality is inside region one can possibly remove
them from ImageBase itself and defer the calculation to the=20
BufferedRegion? Do people want me to change ImageBase or do they
want it left the way it is?

- Lydia=20