[Insight-developers] preferred version of fltk?

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:16:15 -0400

Hi Josh,

The preferred version now is 1.1

The thing to keep in mind with version 1.1
is that there are now four libraries as
opposed to only one in 1.0.11.

CMake expects you to solve their locations
with the variables:

FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY= ...path.../fltk
FLTK_GL_LIBARARY=...path.../fltkgl
FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY=...path../fltkforms
FLTK_IMAGES_LIBARARY=...path.../fltkimages

also note that (for some strange reason)
fltk people decided to name the libraries
differently in Windows and Unix.

In windows they are:

   fltk or fltkd (for debugging)
   fltkgl or fltkgld (debug)
   fltkforms or fltkformsd (debug)
   fltkimages or fltkimagesd (debug)

on Unixe they are:

   fltk
   fltk_gl
   fltk_forms
   fltk_images

CMake is now set up for finding FLTK correctly.

   Luis

PS. Maybe we should create a CMakeList.txt file
for FLTK and get rid of these anoying problems.
It looks like fltk account for a big portion of
the installation problems.
(or, given the small size of FLTK we could also
distribute it in Utilities as we do with png and
zlib).