[Insight-developers] Warnings, coverage and leaks

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd . ge . com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:49:55 -0400

Folks,
As we come close to the October release, we need to clean up the current code base. As you probably
read in the RFP for new algorithms, the new contractors are expected to submit code that compiles
error and warning free, passes purify and has high coverage.

We have been a bit slack in these areas and need to set a good example.

1) Warnings: we should get these to zero. If there are some we can't remove, then we'll add
exceptions. Brad recently turned on the gcc 3.10 which warns about missing typename's. These warnings
may eventually become errors in the future.

2) Coverage: this is pretty low. We should get it up to 75%. In fact our numbers are worse than they
look because of the templates.

3) Memory leaks and other purify errors: Must come down to zero.

So, each group should look at the nightly and continuous results and addresss the above issues. As a
group, we will revisit this each week at the tcon. Oncve we get the defects to zero, it will be easy
to keep them there.

Bill