[Insight-developers] RE: extracting components of vector image

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd . ge . com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:26:43 -0400

Thanks for finding this.  Its been driving me nuts because I KNEW
that I has written that code somewhere....

I agree that it might be a good to idea to provide these particular
instantiations as subclasses (or filters that use) the AdaptImageFilter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Ibanez [mailto:luis.ibanez@kitware.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 10:15 AM
To: tessa@rad.upenn.edu
Cc: Miller, James V (Research); Insight Developers
Subject: extracting components of vector image

Tessa,

In fact, Jim already wrote the full example
for the NthElementImageFilter.

Please take a look at the test in:

Insight/Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkAdaptImageFilterTest2.cxx

It shows the approach that Jim just described, using the
AdaptImageFilter and the NthElementPixelAccessor.

Maybe we could move this to BasicFilters as a filter on
its own. The same goes for the itkAdaptImageFilterTest.cxx
which implements a RGB pixel accessor.

This also shows that we should probably move all the
Accessors out of the ImageAdaptors (where they are now)
and put them in independent .h files so they can be reused
for Adapting filters.

   Luis