[Insight-developers] Last night's changes to GaussianOperator and DiscreteGaussianImag eFilter

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:49:55 -0500

Josh,
Yesterday's changes to the subject classes caused compile errors on all platforms except linux.

GaussianOperator needed an include for itkOutputWindow.h. Once you inserted the WarningMacro, this
file was required. Not sure how linux was smart enough to know that.

Changing DiscreteGuassianImageFilter's ivars to double propagated errors into the Edge detectors.
Also, a couple of Algorithms tests were passing in floats. Seems that linux could do the cast.

I added the include to GaussianOperator.

I changed the Variance and MaximumError ivars from float to double in the edge detectors.

Everything seems to build on solaris and irix now, but I'm not building all the examples.

This does highlight the drawbacks of the current testing framework and means tha we need to be
especially responsive to "Broken Continuous Build" e-mails. Fortunately, you built everything ob your
linux system so we still see some test results.

Bill