[Insight-developers] filter to change image type

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:38:06 -0500

--=====================_267780107==_.ALT

I find the Groups part of Doxygen helpful in finding things:

http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/modules.html

-Bill

At 10:33 AM 3/21/2002 -0500, Wilson Chang wrote:
>Jim-
>
>Thats it, thanks.
>
>    I have an observation about itk as a person relatively new to developing for it.  It is a difficult task to know what is in the toolkit, and more specifically, what each one thing does.  Even scanning through the directory of filters in the BasicFilters folder, I missed this simple one for casting.  Part of the difficulty is that with ~100 some odd filters, it is tough to know how to find the right one, although the file names help to an extent.
>
>    Also, to use itk and get things done efficiently and easily, sometimes it takes solving the problem in a different manner, or using the basic building blocks of itk in a non-traditional way.  while this makes it very powerful and flexible, it also makes the learning curve pretty steep and fairly intimidating.  While I don't know of a way around this besides documentation, I thought i might share some observations.
>
>wilson

--=====================_267780107==_.ALT

I find the Groups part of Doxygen helpful in finding things:<br>
-Bill<br>
At 10:33 AM 3/21/2002 -0500, Wilson Chang wrote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
itk as a person relatively new to developing for it.&nbsp; It is a
difficult task to know what is in the toolkit, and more specifically,
what each one thing does.&nbsp; Even scanning through the directory of
filters in the BasicFilters folder, I missed this simple one for
casting.&nbsp; Part of the difficulty is that with ~100 some odd filters,
it is tough to know how to find the right one, although the file names
help to an extent.&nbsp; </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
things done efficiently and easily, sometimes it takes solving the
problem in a different manner, or using the basic building blocks of itk
in a non-traditional way.&nbsp; while this makes it very powerful and
flexible, it also makes the learning curve pretty steep and fairly
intimidating.&nbsp; While I don't know of a way around this besides
documentation, I thought i might share some observations.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:millerjv@crd.ge.com">Miller, James V
(CRD)</a>
<dd>To:</b> <a href="mailto:wmcst6@pitt.edu">'Wilson'</a> ;
Developers</a>
<dd>Sent:</b> Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:08 AM
<dd>Subject:</b> RE: [Insight-developers] filter to change image
type<br>
<dd>-----Original Message-----
<dd>From:</b> Wilson
[<a href="mailto:wmcst6+@pitt.edu" eudora="autourl">mailto:wmcst6+@pitt.edu</a>]
<dd>Sent:</b> Thursday, March 21, 2002 9:46 AM
<dd>To:</b> Insight Developers
<dd>Is there a filter that exists to change the pixel representation type
in an image (i.e. unsigned char to float)?</font>
<dd>&nbsp;<font face="arial" size=2>
<dd>wilson</font>