[Insight-developers] blox pipelining

Damion Shelton dmshelto@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:59:16 -0500

Hi,

As was suggested at the Feb. meeting, I've been working on pipelining the
blox classes. This has been mostly completed: filters to convert gradient
images to blox boundary point images, and blox boundary point images to
core atoms images are now checked in. The former works perfectly, the
latter has some issues with const image iterators.

Specifically, in itkBloxBoundaryPointToCoreAtomImageFilter I've had to
comment out the functions FindCoreAtoms() and
FindCoreAtomsAtBoundaryPoint() in order to avoid compilation errors.

The problems appear to arise with the lines:

  typedef ImageRegionConstIterator<TInputImage> TImageIteratorType;

  TImageIteratorType imageIt = TImageIteratorType(m_InputPtr,

m_InputPtr->GetRequestedRegion() );

Oddly enough, nearly identical code in
itkGradientImageToBloxBoundaryPointImageFilter works fine. The intent is to
create a const iterator over the input image, and I'm not quite sure why
it's not compiling.

Perhaps someone with more const iterator experience can uncomment the
functions and suggest what might be going wrong?

Incidentally, this should not break the dashboard - I've tested a local
build and it works fine (with the affected code commented out).

Thanks,

-Damion-