[Insight-developers] vnl_svd on Borland compiler

Aljaz Noe noe@grasp.cis.upenn.edu
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:27:52 -0400

> While that indeed seems to be a problem.  Why are using an
> SVD to compute a determinant? vnl_determinant<> will switch
> between using a brute force determinant and qr decomposition.

I didn't know that vnl_determinant<> exists. It's not in the doxygen
documentation.

> Does vnl_determinant produce the correct answer?

It does. I've changed the code, but this doesn't solve the problem yet,
because we're using svd to do other stuff, like inverting matrices,
which again, doesn't work on Borland.

Is there any alternative to using vnl_svd_inverse<>(matrix)?

Aljaz