[Insight-developers] Some reorganization of the InsightDocuments directory

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:21:20 -0400

Hi Folks-

I have been reviewing the InsightDocuments/ directory structure in
preparation for the documentation efforts. I find the current organization
awkward and would like to reorganize it as follows:

InsightDocuments/
   SoftwareGuide/
   CourseWare/
   Developer/
   Papers/
   Web/
   Latex/

I am now thinking that we should call the "User's Guide" (as we discussed
at NLM yesterday the "Software Guide") since it will have material directed
to users, advanced users, and even some developers-useful information,
hence the directory name "SoftwareGuide/". George Stetten, Luis, and other
folks creating course materials and tutorials would put their stuff under
"CourseWare". Papers/ remains as before, Web/ remains as before (the web
pages), Latex/ remains as before (templates, etc.) "Developer/" would be
the place where miscellaneous documents like the FEM documents, streaming
details, etc. would be placed in one or more miscellaneous documents.

Comments?

Will