[Insight-developers] [Fwd: [Insight-users] example style]

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:26:08 -0400

Hi,

I really don't like this style of programming.   It hurts portability to
non-GUI/non-FLTK apps.   I know it is recommended for FLTK, but I really
think we should go with something that better modularizes our examples/apps.

Of course, since these will become apps, I deemed this discussion moot,
but since I user brought it up...

I'd rather have a simple
main.cxx
mainGUI.cxx/h generated by fltk
mainCallBacks.cxx that calls methods in
mainMethods.cxx/h that implements the methods as a class.

That way, mainMethods.cxx/h can be looked at without getting confused by
GUI issues.

The instance of the class defined in mainMethods can be passed as user
data to the callbacks, so no global vars are needed.

Stephen