[Insight-developers] ccmake

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:17:55 -0400

Hi Mark,

One easy way to set up FLTK is to provide first the Include directory.
Then let ccmake perform one configure step.

In that way, if you have fltk installed not in /usr/local but in your
home directory, the paths below will be able to find the libraries in
${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR}/lib.

The alternative will be to add an option like the one used for VTK:
use BUILT or INSTALLED fltk. The problem with this option is that
it will probably take longer for users to figure out how to set up
these extra options than just locate the paths for the specific
libraries.

I still think that the definite solution for the FLTK pain is to take
some time and write a CMakeLists.txt files for FLTK and build it using
CMake.

In that way a UseFLTK.cmake file will be generated and using fltk from
other project will be much easier. This will also get rid of the name
conflicts between UNIX and Windows (e.g. fltkgl.lib versus fltk-gl.a),
and the arbitrary naming of fltkd.lib for debugging versus fltk.lib for
release.

    Luis