[Insight-developers] Region bug in PNGImageIO

Kent Williams norman-k-williams@uiowa.edu
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:22:00 -0600

So, looking at the code in ImageIO, I have a question:

Most of the Iowa ImageIO classes are output-only.  AnalyzeIO, however sup=
ports=20
writing.  The Write method just writes the raw image data to the output f=
ile,=20
based on the stored image dimensions.  The member m_IORegion isn't actual=
ly
referenced in any of the ImageIO classes when determining what data to wr=
ite.

Am I missing something here?  Are the ImageIO classes supposed to use=20
m_IORegion to write only a subset of the raw data buffer passed into the=20
Write method?  Or is the subregion of the input image to write being=20
generated elsewhere in the code?