[Insight-developers] STEP 1: REMOVE UNTESTED CODE BY FRIDAY AUGUST 8, 9:00 EST

Damion Shelton beowulf at cs . cmu . edu
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:20:08 -0400

Hi Luis,

I have a few questions and comments regarding the classes on the list=20
I'm responsible for:

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkConditionalConstIterator.h

I'm not sure why this is coming up as untested. It should be exercised=20=

in itkFloodFilledSpatialFunctionTest.cxx, starting at line 107. It is=20
the base class for all conditional iterators, and they are tested in=20
our code (in the above test and elsewhere) quite extensively.

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkSpatialFunction.h

Again, we create spatial functions in a number of tests.

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkBloxBoundaryPointPixel.h
./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkBloxItem.h

These are possibly untested, although I would think that they should be=20=

covered along with the other Blox code in the four Blox tests found in=20=

/Testing/Code/BasicFilters

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkConditionalIterator.h
./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkConditionalIterator.txx

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this class is now superfluous and=20=

can be removed. It was originally the non-const version of the=20
conditional iterator tree, but the derivation of that code was changed=20=

a while back so that non-const versions of the iterators derive from=20
the specific const iterator. I.e., the non-const version the flood=20
filled iterator never derives from the itkConditionalIterator base=20
class. Does this sound correct to anyone?

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkFloodFilledFunctionConditionalIterator.h
./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkFloodFilledFunctionConditionalIterator.txx

It's also possible that this code is now superfluous, based on the same=20=

argument as above.

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkFloodFilledImageFunctionConditionalIterator.txx

I didn't write this class, but I assume it's important to someone...

---

./=ADCode/=ADCommon/=ADitkFloodFilledSpatialFunctionConditionalIterator.tx=

This class contains no code, only a namespace placeholder. I'm assuming=20=

there was code there back when  I first wrote it that was removed when=20=

the conditional iterator stuff was overhauled. If that's confusing=20
things, it can probably be removed without problems (subject to=20
removing the .txx reference from the .h).

-Damion-

---------
Damion Shelton
Carnegie Mellon University, Robotics Institute
A408-o Newell Simon Hall
412.268.3866 (office)
412.818.8829 (cell)
http://www . cs . cmu . edu/~beowulf
---------
During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not=20
putting on your armor because you were "just going down to the corner."