[Insight-developers] building DLL with MSVC

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:02:51 -0400

This is by design.   Most of the other libraries are all templates, so
dll's don't do any good.   Common contains some global variables like
mtime, that can not be linked static.   So, you can no create dll's for
plugins, or wrapping that link to ITKCommon as a dll, and the rest of
ITK as static, and it will work.

-Bill