[Insight-developers] CVS lockdown and InsightDocuments checkout

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:18:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, all:

I've received several messages that the InsightDocuments directory is
locked as well as Insight and InsightApplications.  CVS pserver does not
allow per-directory permissions, so I cannot enable write access for just
one directory.

As a temporary hack to resolve this problem until the main CVS tree is
re-opened, I've created a new cvsroot with only the InsightDocuments
module.  The new cvsroot has full write access enabled for everyone.

To make changes, you'll need to checkout a new copy of InsightDocuments
using these commands:

cvs -d :pserver:<user>@www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight/Docs login
(enter your password)
cvs -d :pserver:<user>@www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight/Docs co InsightDocuments

You may then make changes in this checkout and commit them.  Please do not
keep working-copy changes around on your disk for long without checking
them in.  I will be removing this alternative checkout after CVS access is
re-enabled on the main checkout.  At that time, any working copies of this
checkout you have will become unusable.

-Brad