[Insight-developers] vcl compilation--Compiler flags not propogated correctly

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:04:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Hans J. Johnson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running into a problem with the intel compiler compilation of vcl
> under redhat 9.  A compiler flag "-i_dynamic" is required for this to
> work (see
> http://intel . forums . liveworld . com/thread . jsp?forum=160&thread=6010&message=18182&q=redhat+9#18182).
> I've specified it at the top level CMAKE, but the commands are not
> propogated down the build tree.  The first error that encounters this is
> in the cmake generated file: Insight-build/Utilities/vxl/vcl/Makfile
>
> The error is that the following rule has none of my compilation flags
> (most important the -i_dynamic flag).

How did you add the flag?  I've just added code to the top-level
CMakeLists.txt file in ITK to use this flag for the intel compiler.
Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

-Brad