[Insight-developers] Re: Next week's meeting

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:52:54 -0500

Hi Dimitri-

 > >for some reason I thought the conference would be at 2pm
 > >intead of 1pm and tried to call but there was no conference.
 > >
 > >Can I call you to talk more about next week?
 > >

>Is it ok to take 10-15mins on the educational stuff?

I've attached the agenda to the end of this note. We've allocated 30
minutes at the end of the first day for discussion of educational material.
That time will be shared among the participants. I don't think that we'll
have time for more discussion, but I suggest that you appeal to the insight
developers list if you think the educational session needs more time.

Will

Thursday---------------------------------------------------------
9:00 - Introduction / Status (Terry)
         + Introductions all around
         + Status / organizational issues
         + Program future

  9:30 - New Contractors
         + Overview of software/quality process (Bill L.)
         + Contractors talk about 10 minutes each

11:30 - ITK Theory Book (Terry/All)

12:00 - Lunch

1:00 - Recent Developments
         + ITK Software Guide / Crediting contributors (Luis / Will)
         + Neighborhood iterators (Josh)
         + Level set framework (Lydia/Josh)
         + DICOM Parser and DICOM IO (Jim)
         + Spatial Objects (Stephen / Julien)
         + Hybrid Algorithms (Dimitri)

3:00 - Issues 1
         + InsightApplications as separate checkout (Will / Luis)
         + Managing GUI / dependencies in Applications  / Triple TK (fltk,
vtk, itk) (Jim / Luis)
         + Applications working directory (Bill L.)
         + Pervasive Pipelining (Jim)
         + DLL's on Windows (Ken Martin)

4:30 - Teaching with ITK: Status
         + Short course (Luis / Bill / Stephen / Josh / etc.)
         + Semester Course (George / Stephen / Dimitri)

Friday------------------------------------------------------------------
9:00 - Release Schedules (Bill L. / All)
         + What to call it
         + Dates / timeline
         + Transition plan (funding/ Insight Consortium, etc.)
         + Who's doing what where / coordinating work (Luis)

10:00 - ITK in Application
         + FDA Issues (Cleary / Luis)
         + Issues (Luis)

10:30 - Issues 2
        + Level set (Lydia / Josh / Other)
         + Path class / Chain code (Luis)
         + Registration extensions (Lydia)
         + FEM / Mesh / Deformable models (Will)

1:00 - Planning, Conclusions and Action Items (Terry / All)
         + Review bug list / open issues (Lydia)
         + What needs to be done by September

3:00 - Drink Beer / Go Home