[Insight-developers] removing transforms from Image

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:35:18 -0800

Hi Damion,

I believe that the original author of this class doesn't currently work
on this project.

Your interpretation of the code seems ok to me - please go ahead and
make the changes and I will take responsibility of any consequences due
to change in ImageMomentsCalculator.

Thanks for doing the surgery,
Lydia

-----Original Message-----
From: Damion Shelton [mailto:beowulf@cs.cmu.edu]=20
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:22 AM
To: Insight-developers@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-developers] removing transforms from Image

The removal of the transforms from itk::Image is going smoothly with=20
(so far) two exceptions. The first is itkAffineTransform test, which=20
also tested the ability to retrieve the default affine transform from=20
itk::Image. I removed this part of the test, since it no longer applies.

The second problem is in itkImageMomentsCalculator.txx - it looks like=20
the conversion between index and physical space is being done manually=20
by retrieving the stored transform on line 79 and using it on line 118.=20
If this is all that's happening, the same functionality can be achieved=20
by calling:

image->TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint( indexPosition, physicalPosition);

in line 118.

Can someone verify that this is the correct solution? I have not yet=20
checked in any of these changes.

Thanks,
-Damion-