[Insight-developers] Is there a definitive list of File type suffixes?

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:05:38 -0500

No, you were right, the "a" in "mha" means "apart".  I thought Jim was
joking about that, and even sent him a response that was meant to be
lighthearted but was probably only confusing.  (Sorry, Jim.)

Luis Ibanez wrote:

 > Hmmm,
 >
 > I probably got the (mha, mhd) order wrong....
 >
 > Also I think DICOM is selected with the extension ".dcm".
 >

 > Luis

 > Miller, James V (Research) wrote:
 >
 >> I thought mha was "all" (header and data) in one file :)
 >>
 >> DICOM is not triggered by extension but if we do a DICOM
 >> write it will be.
 >>
 >> Eventually, we'll have jpg, jpeg, (and probably tif, tiff)

 >>> 2) .mha  = MetaImage (header + raw) 2 files
 >>> 3) .vtk  = VTK format
 >>> 4) .gipl = GIPL
 >>> 5) .raw  = RAW format (I suggest we deprecate this one...)
 >>> 7)  ???  = Analyze
 >>> 8) .png  = PNG format