[Insight-developers] FREEZING : Release 1.4 : August 1st

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:09:42 -0400

Hi

As we agreed at the developer's meeting,
the CVS repository will be freezed for
new functionalities / new classes by

              August 1

After this date, modifications on the code
should *only* be done for fixing bugs,
improving documentation and increasing
coverage.

Please make plans for getting all your
deliverable (and/or wish list) classes
checked in the repository before this date.

This release will be used for distribution
at the courses planned for

  -  IEEE Visualization 2003 : Oct 21
  -  MICCAI 2003             : Nov 15

and the infoRad exhibit at

  -  RSNA   2003             : Nov 30-Dec 5

We will try to make this one the official
release to be distributed with Debian Linux.

It will also be the release distributed with
the SoftwareGuide.

----

We really want to get this one done right  :-)

---

The release schedule we agreed on is the
following:

- Drive defects to zero
- August     1 : Insight code freeze
- August    15 : InsightApplication code freeze
- September 15 : Tag release