[Insight-developers] Additional CMake targets

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:00:50 -0400

I missed the Philadelphia meeting.  However, if I was there, I would not
have suggested this...   The only way to do this would be manually with custom
targets and add dependencies.   As you mention it will be hard to maintain.
I am not sure what this buys us, but more complexity.   From the cmake configure
step they can choose to turn on/off these features.   I really do not think
that this is something for a "new" user.   A "new" user, should just to ALL_BUILD and
be done with it.  They can choose testing or examples before the build.   This
sounds more like a convenience for developers than something for new users.  It is
one more strange thing that you don't see in any other project.

-Bill