[Insight-developers] Cswig and VTK

Raul San Jose Estepar rjosest at bwh . harvard . edu
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:17:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bill,

as we mentioned at the last Friday TCon, we have been trying at BWH to
integrate ITK in the 3D Slicer using CSwig. We didn't have any problem
running an ITK pipeline in tcl (cswig behaved nicely). In order to
plug VTK and ITK pipelines, we have been using
itkImageToVTKImageFilter and itkVTKImageToImageFilter under
InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk.
Indeed we wrapped this classes under Cswig so they could be easily used as
"converter" layers in tcl.

Bill mentioned you had another mechanism to connect VTK-ITK pipelines.
Could you give us an update on that?.

Thanks

/Raul