[Insight-developers] Tests take too long to run

Ting Chen chenting@graphics.cis.upenn.edu
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:21:20 -0500

I will take care of itkGibbsTest and itkDeformableTest

ting

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Hoffman" <bill.hoffman@kitware.com>
To: <insight-developers@public.kitware.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:35 AM
Subject: [Insight-developers] Tests take too long to run

> I am working on upgrading the vnl used by ITK.   I want to make sure
> that all the tests are still passing.   However, it takes a loooong time
> to run all the tests/examples in ITK.   There are only a few offending
tests
> that take up most of the time.  In the notes for this build:
> hythloth.­kitware Linux-gcc321
> Brad shows the time used by each test.    Most of the tests only use about
> 1% of the total time, however these 8 tests use up 67% of the total time
> it takes to run the tests:
>
>    100.00 %   976.47 s   TOTAL
>      11.70 %   114.23 s
Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImag
eFilterTest
>      11.55 %   112.74 s
Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkImageRegistrationMethodTest_15
>      10.61 %   103.57 s
Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest
>       9.18 %    89.60 s   Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkGibbsTest
>       8.07 %    78.83 s   Testing/Code/Install
>       7.70 %    75.20 s
Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkCannySegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest
>       6.39 %    62.40 s
Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkLaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilterTest