[Insight-developers] itkIOCommon

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:59:09 -0500

Hi,

I saw the new class itkIOCommon (because of the errors it was causing).  This class looks almost the same in functionality as CMake/Source/cmSystemTools.    Perhaps we should think about moving cmSystemTools into Code/Common of ITK.   This class provides a set of platform independent functions for file and string manipulation.

At a minimum, it should be looked at for ideas in itkIOCommon.
We have this class working on more platforms and compilers than ITK right now,
so it should be safe to copy stuff out of this class.

-Bill