[Insight-developers] Questions about importing.

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:23:51 -0500

The filter is implemented using the ImportImageContainer. So the only
difference is "ease of use".  The choice of which to use typically comes
down to whether you want to view the import interface at the "data" level
or at the "filter" level.  In the past, I have taken the "data" view when
interfacing into hardware and have taken the "filter" view when interfacing
to software.  But again, it is dealers choice.  The only reason for having
both options is that you cannot do the ImportImageFilter without having
an ImportImageContainer.

(On the historical side, the ImportImageContainer used to be seldom used.
By default, images used a different container.  But we eliminated the
other container and the the ImportImageContainer is the default container
used to hold pixel data.)