[Insight-developers] Dashboard Status

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:44:50 -0500

Folks,
	Things look pretty decent these days. I think we have successfully
made the change-over to the new vnl (Thanks Bill Hoffman!).

There are some outstanding memory leaks, failing tests, warnings.

We have also experienced some instability. I think this is normal and the
dashboard system supports this sort of process.

But, it is critical that the Nightlies be mostly error free. This means that
we have to pay heed to the continuous results. Also, those of you to the
west of the eastern time zone have a shorter productive checkin time.

So, it is best to check code in early in the day so that by the time the
nightlies run (1:00 AM Eastern). The continuous Borland (moxel1) stops
running at mid-night and resumes at 6:00 AM Eastern. For instance, last
night, a late checkin, caused almost all builds to fail last night. Hence,
no purify runs.

Bill