[Insight-developers] gzipped image IO

Kent Williams norman-k-williams@uiowa.edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 12:18:54 -0500

It is certainly possible; the question is, how would this be integrated i=
nto=20
the ITK IO classes?  It looks from the source code as though it might be=20
sufficient to hook the gzlib routines into metaImage.cxx -- the gzread wo=
rks=20
on either compressed or uncompressed files.

More to the point, what sort of logic did older versions of SNAP use to=20
determine if a file was gzip compressed?=20