[Insight-developers] Report--

Hans J. Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:57:40 -0500

Developers,

I won't be able to attend the TCON the next couple of week, but I wanted
to touch base on a couple of things.

Bill--Thanks for clearing the PrintAll.tcl failure!  I was begining to
think I would never get around to it.

A new advanced CMakeList option (ITK_EXPLICIT_INSTANTIATION:BOOL=OFF)
was added to facilitate testing of using explicit instantiation.

You've probably seen the discussion on CableSwig compiler warnings.  I
just wanted to recap and give my 2 cents.  The proposed resolutions have
ranged from turning off those compiler warnings for all of ITK, to CMake
suppression, to Dash boards suppression of them, to separate compilation
of the wrapped code without warnings.  I just want to point out that
buried amount the 5000+ warnings that we want to ignore/suppress/remove
are a few real ones that only show up when the wrapping is used.  There
are other places in the CableSwig generated code that use const_cast<>()
instead of (c style), so I think it should be possible.

Regards,
Hans