[Insight-developers] ICC8.0 issue and CMake check for endianess

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Dec 30 12:45:18 EST 2004

Folks,
In tracking down some Linux intel icc8.0 problems, I found that cmake is
computing the wrong endianess. It incorrectly defines CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
in the itkConfigure.h file. It reports Big endian where it should be
reporting Little endian. If I run the TestBigEndian.c code by hand, it
correctly says the system is little endian.

I have reached by limit of cmake knowledge to progress any further. Help
would bve appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill