[Insight-developers] RE: [Insight-users] Parallel Processing

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed, 12 May 2004 08:21:46 -0400

    The filters that support parallel execution (in the
    shared memory setup) are listed under:

    http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__MultithreadingGroup.html

Luis,

I imagine this list is out of date.  We should make another pass through the
system and see which filters run multi-threaded.  This is a little more
complicated than checking which filters have a ThreadedGenerateData.  Some
filters may have single threaded control but delegate to multithreaded
implementations for portions of the algorithm.  Any of the FiniteDifference
algorithms fall into this category. The geodesic morphology techniques do
as well.

Jim