[Insight-developers] Sun Compiler

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 4 22:09:19 EST 2004

We have a new sun at Kitware and I thought I would give the native compiler a go.
Here are the errors:

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/dashsun1/SunOS-CC/20041104-2212-Experimental/BuildError.html

The majority of errors come from this type of thing:

"/.../Insight/Code/Common/itkPointSet.txx", line 299: Error: An integer constant expression is required within the array subscript operator.
1 Error(s) detected.
***

template <typename TPixelType, unsigned int VDimension, typename TMeshTraits>
bool
PointSet<TPixelType, VDimension, TMeshTraits>
::FindClosestPoint(CoordRepType[PointDimension],
                   PointIdentifier*)
{

The compiler does not like PointDimension, but if you change it to VDimension it compiles.
Is this some sort of strange thing for the borland compiler?

-Bill