[Insight-developers] DeformableRegistration6 Example failing : min() and Schizophrenia

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 8 11:49:38 EDT 2004

This seems to be because VXL defined "min()" in this
'particular' way in vcl_numeric_limits and ITK inherited
this definition in the NumericTraits ?

It seems that they used "min()" when they meant the
"SmallestPositive()" number.

E.g. for float, they use

       min() == 1.175 e-38.

and for double they use

       min() == 2.22 e-308

Nothing prevent us from skipping the vcl definition,
and doing the right thing in itkNumericTraits...

   Luis